View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-23-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Firstly, how does this actor that is currently going to play Goku, look anything like him. I think you're getting carried away in some fantasy here Just because you see he has some jawline that looks like Goku, it doesn't mean he actually "looks" like him. Hell I say I look more like Goku with my eyes and whatnot, especially when I had hair >.> At the end of the day it is just your opinion, as I stated mine.
Secondly, if that guy can play Goku, he can play anyone else in DB/Z since the characters are all derived from each other. Goku also derives other characters. Therefore what have looks got to do with what actor plays who, especially in DB/Z?
Thirdly, as I said and which you conveniently forget, many Animes DO have people who look White even when they are outright Asian. When a character is supposed to be Western or whatever, it is made known in the Anime. Looks have no bearing on who should play an Anime characters role. For example in Evangelion, Asuka is German and it is made known that she grew up there despite being a quarter Japanese. Can you tell Rei is Japanese or White or whatever when she has the same skin tone? I don't think so but it is evident that she is Japanese, as is Shinji.
So before you say it makes no sense, think again
Lol, first of all. It is my opinion that your opinion doesn't make sense.

Secondly, what fantasy are you talking about? If you looked more like goku than the current person, then I recommend you show yourself to the director.

Thirdly, Goku isn't asian. He's SAYIAN lol, therefore, he amy seem to have asian habbits, but you certainly can't say he's asian. lol

Fourtly, no, I didn't ignore what you said about most being white. I'm simply not agreeing with that and as I said, even if it were true, so what? I prefer someone to look like the char rather than the person being japanese just because its an anime.

So, "in my opinion", what you're saying doesn't make sense. What I think is more logical is having someone that looks like the char regardless of their ethnicity.

lol, btw, me saying what you're saying doesn't make sense doesn't imply you are wrong if thats what you mean. It just means you're wrong in my eyse!