View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Idea - JapanForum Creativity & Arts Newsletter! - 04-17-2008, 06:39 PM

I've been pondering over this idea for a little while now, and I think we need to encourage art and creativity in that subforum - especially written art. I know there's no lack of drawn/painted art, but fiction and poetry are few and far between. I think I have an interesting idea:

JapanForum's Creativity & Arts

NEWSLETTER

Monthly Issue

* A nice first page, with a headline and some stuff featured in the Newsletter.
* Four sections: Visual Arts; Written Art; Other; Articles
* Visual Arts will include drawn images, painted images, sculptured art, photography, graphic design and similar.
* Written Art will include short stories, fiction and poetry.
* Artworks that are of other nature that may include or exclude on or more of the previouly mentioned artforms (e.g. videos, music, etc.) goes here.
* Articles will include the rest, such as reviews, announcements, interviews, etc. Announcements include (but are not restricted to) big changes in JapanForum, upcoming projects and competitions. The articles do not always have to be about arts or anything related.

I would personally like to be actively involved should the Newsletter become reality. I'm asking here because I would like it to become sort of an official part of JapanForum. I think this could work really well, and it would be a neat thing to have while also encouraging members to improve, and increase activity due to wanting to (having a desire for?) being mentioned in the Newsletter.