View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I dont know about the one inch punch. Most the vids on it are bullshit, but was Bruce Lee bullshit? Maybe he could do it, few others can. But the general mechanics of the body make it seem unlikely.

A punch is not just powerful if it is fast, but it depends what weight you put behind it. A punch starts at the rear leg, gathers power in the hips, then the shoulders, and then transfers down the arm and into the enemy. But the movement required to recruit this power is more than one inch. So what Bruce claims is he has found a way to recruit the power of the entire body after moving his fist only one inch in distance. From the way his feet moved in the vid I saw, it seemed MAYBE he had, but I still fail to understand exactley how you could do it myself, even being semi professional Muay Thai boxer, I still am trying to understand...
Huh, the way you've described it, that is like a boxing punch not the way they are taught in Kung Fu. I'm trained to focus my energy in my arms when I punch so EVENTUALLY I can have the maximum strength available in the minimum distance. My Sifu can do it and make it look effortless. He did it semi hard to me once because I was punching wrong and it seemed like my intestines fell out my ass.
So yes, I believe it is possible.

As for 2 finger push ups, that isn't THAT amazing to me anymore, especially since I am currently training Eagle Claw pushups which require 2 fingers and a thumb. Of course my Sifu can use just his thumbs >.>

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-19-2008 at 11:32 AM.