JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Bruce Lee - 04-19-2008, 07:06 AM

Do you think that the conspiracy theories are tru and he was murdered for giving martial arts secrets away to the americans ??

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-19-2008, 07:31 AM

The guy had a head-ache. His friend game him an aspirin. Unfortunatel, there was a substance/chemical/whatever inside that pill that his body was allergic to, which is brains didn't like, so they sort of killed him. Huh. Imagine that. The legendary Bruce Lee, the man of the one-inch punch, the kick that feels like a juggernaut rnning you over, and the one-arm, two-finger push-ups... the one and only... killed by an aspirin.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-19-2008, 07:33 AM

man i never ever believed the one inch punch for a second !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-19-2008, 07:36 AM

The one-inch-punch is true, as seen by filming. Bruce Lee did have some unnatural strength, really. I know how he does it, theoretically, and it sounds highly plausible, considering the other things he can do (keep punching a punching bag. He punchesit up and up and up until he's almost punching up and he's still punching it to hold it up.) and his push/side kicks are sick. XD
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I dont know about the one inch punch. Most the vids on it are bullshit, but was Bruce Lee bullshit? Maybe he could do it, few others can. But the general mechanics of the body make it seem unlikely.

A punch is not just powerful if it is fast, but it depends what weight you put behind it. A punch starts at the rear leg, gathers power in the hips, then the shoulders, and then transfers down the arm and into the enemy. But the movement required to recruit this power is more than one inch. So what Bruce claims is he has found a way to recruit the power of the entire body after moving his fist only one inch in distance. From the way his feet moved in the vid I saw, it seemed MAYBE he had, but I still fail to understand exactley how you could do it myself, even being semi professional Muay Thai boxer, I still am trying to understand...
Huh, the way you've described it, that is like a boxing punch not the way they are taught in Kung Fu. I'm trained to focus my energy in my arms when I punch so EVENTUALLY I can have the maximum strength available in the minimum distance. My Sifu can do it and make it look effortless. He did it semi hard to me once because I was punching wrong and it seemed like my intestines fell out my ass.
So yes, I believe it is possible.

As for 2 finger push ups, that isn't THAT amazing to me anymore, especially since I am currently training Eagle Claw pushups which require 2 fingers and a thumb. Of course my Sifu can use just his thumbs >.>

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-19-2008 at 11:32 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-19-2008, 05:25 PM

He'd been challenged numerous times throughout his career by random martial artist looking to gain some reputation by beating him. He'd never lost once, and there were almost always witnessess to validate these events.

I'm not in the mood to debate whether or not his methods (or teachings) were bullshit, but whatever he was doing, he must've been doing it right.

As for the conspiracies. I can't say I believe or don't believe them; I simply don't know.

It is possible that someone wanted him dead - I wouldn't have been the first time. And it is also possible that he died by accident.

Whatever the case, what's done is done. The rest are side-details; information after the fact.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

04-20-2008, 04:36 AM

I don't believe any conspiracy theories really thats just as bad as believing what you hear on the streets <.< but there were alot of bad blood between martial artist during that time speacialy racial issues. So it could be possible.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2008, 10:00 AM

thats an interesting point - i would have also thought mind power came into it - sort of like some extra chi power or something ?

(#9 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I am going to put something in the air. From what I have seen, all one inch punch practitioners today are bullshit. They are not doing what Bruce was. When you look at things, like Bruce could thrust a finger through a tin soft drink can (not the soft alluminium we use to make todays soft drink cans), he could leave indentations with his fingers in pine wood. His speed would allow him to snatch a dime from a mans hand and leave a penny before the man could close his hand. With this given, I am thinking along the lines that Bruce could do the one inch punch, because he was so fit and strong, and basically a physical machine. Technique was important, but I am doubting that technique alone can do this. I think technique is 5% of the one inch punch, and physical quality is 95%.
Exactly. Its not like i'll just be able to do it by following the technique my Sifu does. I do know however that if anyone can do it then a long standing practitioner of Kung Fu could.
I can tell you this though, from doing what I do my arms feel much faster and lighter so I can sort of see how Bruce Lee did it.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-22-2008 at 10:25 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

04-23-2008, 10:11 AM

Well i think he must have had all his time into his training to get as good as he did.

But the least i can remember is that the guy who taught him was a very popular guy and the guy who taught bruce, has a famous son that teaches in his place and writes about bruce getting trained by his father in a kung fu book instruction book .