Thread: Working hours
View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-21-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think you are right that in minimum wage jobs in the service industry you probably see a better attitude from workers in Japan rather than in the US.

The reason is that Japanese feel like they are a part of a team, even if they work at a fast-food restaurant or at a gas station. Americans don't feel that sense of "teamwork" at that level of job. This us a cultural trait that goes very deep in Japan.
I agree with that, and I feel that the main reason for the lack of "teamwork" thing might have to do with trust. At the job I have now, as sad as it sounds, I have no trust for any of my coworkers and feel very alone there. I don't want to work with people I have no trust for, but since I have no choice, I grin and bare it.

I really wish I could find a job where I did feel like I was a part of a team or important to the company. Every job I've had, I've only felt expendable.