Thread: Sumo....
View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Sumo.... - 05-22-2008, 03:39 PM

I've been a fan of Sumo since I first attended a match in Tokyo last year.

This summer's tournament is becoming big news because of Kotooshu, the big man from Bulgaria who has managed to toss both of the currently reigning Yokozuna (champions) out of the ring on consecutive days.

As of tonight, Kotooshu has won all of the bouts in the tournament, 12 in a row. Only 3 bouts remain until the end of the tournament, and the awarding of the Emperor's cup. Asashoryu (one of the 2 Yokozuna) is all but eliminated from the running, while Hakuho (the other Yokozuna) is the only one who still has a chance to keep the prize from Kotooshu.

Despite Kotooshu being a Bulgarian, he is the obvious crowd favorite. Last night seat cushions when flying across the ring after Kotooshu sent Asashoryu flying into the ringside seats. Hakuho's defeat tonight seemed to be expected by the crowd, and he met the same fate as Asashoryu, being thrown from the ring and onto the nearby bystanders.

Kotooshu was my favorite wrestler last year, though it was not a spectacular season for him, but now he is one season away from becoming a Yokozuna himself,

Ganbatte Kotooshu!