Thread: Autistic Child
View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
05-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The fact that you are asking that question here tells me that you need some outlets for help.

Where are his parents?
my dad lives in decatur and my mom had to work. My older sister was at work so she couldn't help me and my younger sis was just as bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightChilde25
I know it's probably too late but.... I had to deal with quite a few Autistic Children when I voulenteered for Camp Smile a Mile. I wish there were an easy answer to your question, but there is not. Every child is different. What calms one may make another even worse. My best advice to you is to find something that he likes and try your best to distract him. As for not yelling, just try to remind yourself that he's just a child and he can not help his condition. If it gets really bad, place him a safe area, make sure he has everything he needs for the next little while and go take a breather. Sometimes just going in the other room or outside for five minutes will help you.
I finally got him settled down after about 3 and nothing would calm him down. I had to literally hold him down from hitting and biting my sister. For 6 he's pretty strong o_O
as for getting away, hard to do. my lil sister will taunt him and i have to make sure she dont