(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-27-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuda View Post
Hi,

I will be visiting Tokyo for only three days from 21 June to 25June. I am 27 years old female and apart from watching Lost in Translation I do not really know much. This will be my first trip and I have no clue as to what to expect or where to start from.

I guess due to my limited time I would like to make the best out it by experiencing Tokyo's highlights. Can anyone please recommend things that I must not miss in Tokyo?

Apart from day activities like visitng attraction or sighseeing I am also interested in going out and experiencing club/bar culture in Tokyo.

Can anyone please recommend any places that will reflect the true culture of Tokyo ?

Where or what areas would be conviniently located so that I have access to major sighseeing and budget accomdations?

Thanks for your assistance in advance, Look forward for you replies

Anita
I'm not the clubbing type and I don't drink alcohol, so I can't help you there. But I would suggest taking a day trip to Nikko, it's a very beautiful temple complex 2 hours north of Tokyo. Also, take a walk around the Imperial Gardens to see where the Emperor lives, and maybe visit Tokyo Tower.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan