Thread: Autistic Child
View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
05-28-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
I have an autistic older brother and a 9 1/2 year old niece that has down syndrome........my brother is eaiser to handle, he's, and I cant remember the actuall term for this, but he's mentally retarded, meaning that mom/me/sisters have to take care of him, and though there are times that he gets rilled up over loud noises, or just letting us know that he has to go to the bathroom, he's usually okay, but my niece on the other hand drives me to the edge, she has a habit of moving/taking/doing things she KNOWS she's not supposed to, like other day, she called 911, and my sister had already somewhat explained to her what the # was for and when to call it, but she called it anyways so whent the police, fire department and fire rescue arrived at their house, my sister made her go outside to take a look what she did, and she also has this thing she does, she keeps looking at you while "playing" and makes like she's gonna try to pull a fast one, which is really annoying cuz sometimes she does try something and sometimes she's just being annoying just to annoy me cuz she knows that I keep my eye on her, in the end she does end up with my attention, just not in a good way, but that usually happens when she's restless and has "nothing" to do so we (as in my mom...and occasionaly me) tell her to pick a tv, sit down and watch it.
My brother got put on some different medicine so he is much calmer and wow....my 2yr old neice has down-syndrome...