View Single Post
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

06-12-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Yeah. Personally, it doesn't bother me so much. As far as I'm concerned they can like what they like, and these people tend to be very young and are only just discovering Japan, such as 12-13 year olds [not wanting to stereotype them too much, however, I hate it when people make assumptions based on my age.] And I'm glad that they made it on here, because there are a lot of people with experiances of Japan so they are able to point them in the right direction.

I'm not a super fan of Japan, I just have a casual interest in some of the things over there, at the moment it is particularly the language which I want to learn for business purposes but I'm finding it difficult to get a course.

I love it where I am so it would be very unlikely I would attempt to move somewhere completely different such as Japan.

Oh and, a lot of these people live in America. They probably have the second most amount of anime and manga, second only to Japan. So I don't know what they complain about really, England and other places don't really have anything, if that's all they are interested in anyway.
If you want to learn japanese and find it difficult to find a course you should do whet many others do, start watching anime with english subtitles, download some fancy "learn japanese" programmes and buy some "learn japanese" books. This is only if you are totally blank about the japanese language, don't know anything, not the basics. With the program and the books and the anime, you learn both how to write and how to pronounce.
If you already speak a lot Japanese now, I would feel like an idiot. But many people learn japanese this way, and so do I But then I'm only a 18 year old Norwegian girl so I don't know if you find it a good idea to watch anime just so you can learn Japanese

I have also noticed that all the har core otakus that ain't japanese, is american. So in Norway they call me an otaku, but if I go up to an otaku from Japan or America they would probably laugh in my face telling me i know nothing : ) So I guess I'm an Norwegian otaku then maybe.

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで