View Single Post
(#122 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-12-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori View Post
If you want to learn japanese and find it difficult to find a course you should do whet many others do, start watching anime with english subtitles, download some fancy "learn japanese" programmes and buy some "learn japanese" books. This is only if you are totally blank about the japanese language, don't know anything, not the basics. With the program and the books and the anime, you learn both how to write and how to pronounce.
If you already speak a lot Japanese now, I would feel like an idiot. But many people learn japanese this way, and so do I But then I'm only a 18 year old Norwegian girl so I don't know if you find it a good idea to watch anime just so you can learn Japanese

I have also noticed that all the har core otakus that ain't japanese, is american. So in Norway they call me an otaku, but if I go up to an otaku from Japan or America they would probably laugh in my face telling me i know nothing : ) So I guess I'm an Norwegian otaku then maybe.
I borrowed some books from the library and I'm trying to learn Hirigana on a good website called Hiragana and Katakana Practice - Real Kana . It's been very helpful! I only know very basic things. Introductions, saying what I like and dislike, talking about my hometown, complimenting someone and congratulating people on special occasions. That's about it!

There was a thread on learning Japanese through anime, and people said that it can help you out but you can't learn all your Japanese from there because a lot of it is slang.

Don't worry, I'm only 17!