Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-06-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerinTokyo View Post
Hi everybody,

just wanted to hear your guys` opinion on gaijin wearing yukata. Do you think it is kakko ii or kind of weird? The reason why I am asking, I couldn`t resist buying a lovely yukata at

Kinomo Yukata Market sakura 日本の浴衣、着物の販売専門店

It was actually much cheaper than I expected, considering what kind of horror stories can be heard about the prices of kimono...

But anyway, do you think I can leave the house wearing a yukata? Someone please encourage me!

I don't think there is anything wrong with a yukata or kimono, being worn by a foriegner. I ware a Jinbei (Mens Yukata) sometimes. It is a compliment to Japanese Culture to ware.

Yukata's are used for festivals, parties, and girls coming of age day (20 years old)

Kimono's are used for very formal events like weddings, dinner balls, and funerals.

If you ware one, you should learn how to ware it correctly or you will be a baka-jin(stupid person).
Most importantly, where it left over right.! If you where it the opposite way, that means you are dead. Japanese ware the Kimono right over left when they are dead.