View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM

Yes, it is quite possible. I received my degree here, at a 4 year Japanese university. However, I had already attained a fair level of fluency before even starting, which is going to be your main wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbee View Post
Are there Colleges/University's in Japan where non fluent speakers can apply to? (something like an international college)
Yes, there are... But I wouldn`t recommend them. Not because they`re not good places to study, but because they`re most likely not what you`re looking for. They`re aimed, in general, at Japanese students. In other words they`re immersion programs for English, usually based around a US university curriculum, forcing students to speak English and isolating them from Japan to speed up the language acquisition process.
It seems like a complete waste to come all the way to Japan to just be in a pretend US.

Quote:
And how hard is it to be accepted into one?
I`ve never applied for one of those types, so I can`t really say. Nor did I apply as an international student at the university I attended. (I already had a visa when I started) I do know, though, that most universities require a minimum of JLPT2 - some JLPT1 - to attend their regular Japanese language classes. Unless, of course, you`re aiming to study Japanese. That opens up quite a few doors.

Quote:
How much does the average University in Japan cost?
The range really is so large that I don`t think there is an average.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.