View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
It depends of what kind of story do you like, the anime in some degree has genres classification, like the manga, although you can't tell if it's accurate or not.
About the genres you can classify it by age and gender. Kodomo manga or anime is the childish genre, like Pokemon, Hamtaro, Doraemon, Astroboy/Tetsuwan Atom and so on. The shounen is the most popular genre and it's indicated to teenager boys: Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Video Girl, Love Hina, Hunter Versus Hunter and even Evangelion fall under this category. If you're looking for battles, psychological dramas and pretty girls pick this one.
The shoujo is for the teenager girls, think about Sakura Card Captors, Karekano, Rayearth, Fruit Basket, Clover, X 1999 etc. It's for the ones that like of romance, drama, but it also has battles and even horror stories. Don't forget you can find comedy, sport and some other kind of stories in both shounen and shoujo.
The seinen (for men) and the josei (for women) are for the adult people, but not necessarily hentai, so don't think about it. Also there's other genres like gekiga, yaoi, yuri, but I must adimit this classification is more for the manga than the anime, but since almost every anime follow an original manga story it may be useful (or not ).
Remember you don't need to know anything, just find what you really like, it's just entertainment!
I guess it would be the evangelion type genre

there was 1 i saw just 1 episode with a woman with purple hair and she was like a robot or something and you couldnt tell.. she looked human

and she was like a spy or something haha it seemed pretty cool i never saw it again tho

also anything with ninjas or samurais would be cool

me and my friend watched 2 burnt episodes of "samurai (then it had a hard word to spell) like champler or something.. that seemed pretty cool.. i wana get into it tho and not just be watching the odd episode of 50 differant animes

and thanks i guess ill have a search around - this thread will probably be merged into the other thread.. as i didnt find it beforer i posted this