View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Abernachy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Abernachy Send a message via Skype™ to Abernachy
Going to Japan, just getting some general advice - 07-19-2008, 10:19 PM

Hey guys, I'm essentially new here but I do have quite a bit of questions. I'm currently in military training (USAF) and I am set to be stationed in Japan for 24 months.

1) How does the populace generally react to foreigners, and how much would a Caucasian stand out in a street area?

2)If they find out someone is Military, is he treated any differently?

3) I have a question about the USAF presence in Japan. From some of my own gathering, the USAF sends out relief supplies to areas in that region devastated by disasters, does this really happen?

4)Is it common for fathers to introduce their daughters to men? I had an interesting situation happen on Skype with a japanese guy who started sending me pictures of his daughter and began talking about her , out of the blue. Seemed very odd to me, especially when he told me his daughter loves younger men ( He told me she was older than me when he found out I was 21)

5)I've been reading that Yakota AFB offers a service where they fly over Tokyo for an hour, and it costs 90 per 3 people, is this service open to any citizen?

6)I hear the country regions are full of racists, will I get shot by a Japanese equivalent of a redneck if I get seen there?

7) Last question I can think of and it has to deal with the female populace ( What can I say, I'm single and always on the hunt) if they find out I'm USAF do I just all of a sudden become the most wanted person on their list, or do they ignore that fact?