View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
07-20-2008, 08:54 PM

1) How does the populace generally react to foreigners, and how much would a Caucasian stand out in a street area?
They are generally nice to foreigners and things like that no need to worry.

2)If they find out someone is Military, is he treated any differently?

Honestly, in alot of clubs and bars they do. Military/army guys have a tendency to be extremely rude and think they run the place when they are in groups.
Now i did meet up with some breakers and dancers in the military and they were totally cool guys.

then again i have met up with some extreme A holes who started fights and thought they were invincible and just acted like jerks every where.

just act right and dont play into the sterotype

3) I have a question about the USAF presence in Japan. From some of my own gathering, the USAF sends out relief supplies to areas in that region devastated by disasters, does this really happen?
i really dont know sorry

4)Is it common for fathers to introduce their daughters to men? I had an interesting situation happen on Skype with a japanese guy who started sending me pictures of his daughter and began talking about her , out of the blue. Seemed very odd to me, especially when he told me his daughter loves younger men ( He told me she was older than me when he found out I was 21)

No its not.

5)I've been reading that Yakota AFB offers a service where they fly over Tokyo for an hour, and it costs 90 per 3 people, is this service open to any citizen?

not sure but sounds interesting!

6)I hear the country regions are full of racists, will I get shot by a Japanese equivalent of a redneck if I get seen there?

no, its really not. you'll see japan is very peaceful and tolerant of other races. America is far worse if you ask me.

7) Last question I can think of and it has to deal with the female populace ( What can I say, I'm single and always on the hunt) if they find out I'm USAF do I just all of a sudden become the most wanted person on their list, or do they ignore that fact?

dont fall into the just b/c your military or gaijin all girls will automatically love you.

its not true
esp if you cant speak a lick of English. Alot of girls in tokyo, alot of them are looking for bfs.

alot of girls from all around the world. Generally military people dont have a great wrap, thats just speaking by experience thru my friends and what i've seen.

but its all about personality. its not taboo if you tell them your military but dont go around flaunting it like your better then the locals or any one else, b/c your not.

just be your self

g/l m8

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan