View Single Post
(#108 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

07-23-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
I knew today that China government will not allow nudity and swear words as well as flags of countries that are not members of the games...also foreign bands will not be allowed to perform during the Games......tourists are forbidden to take photos with those Chinese umbrellas........how can I put up with such absurd?.....
Since when is stopping nudity and swearing, an absurdity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkindus View Post
people seem to forget that China is huuuuuuuuuuuge.....1.3 billion people if I'm correct, over 56 'ethnicties etc.....America only has 300 million people, Europa 740+- if u count Russia and Turkey as Europa/

places like 'Chengdu' in China etc are like countries........cities with 30 million people living there........I live here in the Netherlands we are with 16 million.

I'm not going to defend what the Chinese governemnt has done and is doing, but you have to understand that it takes years and years before a country changes, especially such a ridiculous huge country like China...., look at what happened in the region from 1900 untill now, look at how many positive things happened there the last 15 years. they are changing rapidly.....they aren't the 'evil' regime they once were. they have become an extremely capitalist nation with more 'confucianistic' policies than communist policies.

btw, how come not even 5% of the world population (the US of A) has 25% of of the worlds prisoners? there are more people in Jail in the United states than in China and a shitload of other countries. look at up...........yourselves..25 % of the people in prison in the world are locked up in the US.

Are we forgetting that it is extremely hard for a muslim or someone with an arab name to even get into the United States for a holiday? people had to fill in if they eat halal etc muslims are single out etc bloody 90% of the people in Guantanomo bay etc are innocent, many people have been locked up and tortured for years just BECAUSE THEY WERE MUSLIM. over and over again.

I would rather live in Tibet than in Iraq or Afganistan right now.

screw both the Chinese and US governments.

all media is biased.............wether we are talking about Cnn or AJ, RTL or Canvas. just look at as many sources possible. I should throw a Buddha quote in here, about only judging/believing what u think is true etc.

point is that we should not fear China, we should fear ourselves and our hypocritical way of dealing with 'them'. we are living in the era of the aquarium........everyone can c the truth, they just have to look themselves..
Heh, nicely put. I'm sure I could argue with you about some points but I think you mean well.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 07-23-2008 at 05:44 PM.