View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-24-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
Post 25 times, just to write a new thread? It's nonsense, the problem isn't the threads, it's the posts, specially the ones with images, maybe the idea of limit the post of images from time to time may work, but I think the IP ban with the wait time of 24 hours to post after got register might work better.
Wait you're saying 25 posts JUST to post a new thread is excessive, yet waiting 24 hours isn't?

The majority of the spams come from people joining and posting a bunch of topics in every section. Having people wait 24 hours to post won't really do much. The people who want to will just wait till tomorrow.

It doesn't have to be 25 posts, it could be less, or could be more. 25 was a random example. Not only does it encourage new members to participate in threads, but it prevents people joining and making spamvertising threads.

Having people wait 24 hours is, to some, going to seem like a big "f'off" to anyone new joining. People generally join forums and want to post right away. Some people would join see a 24 hour waiting period and forget they joined.

Post limit before you can make a new thread is the easiest way to dampen the spam and least harmful to legit people joining the forums

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.