(#14 (permalink))
Old
Saffy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Saffy85
09-06-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddGoo View Post
MMM , could you please elaborate on the tv set up being different?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah that has me puzzled also. I was under the impression Japan ran NTSC, which is what the USA also runs? Maybe you are on about the 120v they run in the USA? Is it higher in Japan? I am sure there are cheap transformers available to compensate for such issues (not to mention you probly need a travel adapter also).

Back to Brock. If there is any sweets, chewing gum etc you love in the USA, take some along, if it is available in Japan it will cost an arm and a leg compared to back home. Stick with the Japan toothpaste tbh, Fluride has never been scientifically proven to prevent cavities and the side effects have never really been researched, if the Japanese can live healthy lives without it so can you.

As mentioned above, clothing, footware and toiletries are the main things to take. Also medication is pretty expensive from what I hear, try taking some asprin, paracetemol etc (maybe even post it over to avoid airport security issues, would not want them thinking your carrying a homemade bomb or summit lol).