View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
manners (Offline)
JF Regular

09-09-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaPapa View Post
I actually just went to Kinokuniya bookstore in New York City, and dropped about $90 on JLPT prep materials. I will be taking the 3-kyuu, so I got these two pretty think books, one with grammar/kanji/kana study materials that come with CDs, and another with tons of listening exercises that also comes with CDs. I also picked up the 2007 JLPT Level 3 & 4 Test Questions and Correct Answers book, that comes with a CD for the listening parts.

I have no idea where you'd find them online, but I can tell you the Q&A book was produced by JEES, Japan Educational Exchanges and Services, and the other two were by UNICOM. I really hope to utilize these, and pass with flying colors.

My biggest problem, by far, is kanji. The thing is, I know a lot of kanji for place names and actual names for people, but not so much for actual vocab. I could read the kanji for most of the major cities in Japan, most of the stops on the Yamanote Sen, and so forth, but when it comes to other types of kanji...not so good -_-;.

SSJup, if you ever find yourself in NYC any time soon, do stop by Kinokuniya :3
Good choice. Go through the grammar book and kanji book and then do the practice tests. I did the test last year and crammed the last two weeks before the test and came out with an 80% score.

Learn the kanji for verbs, adjectives etc and you should be ok.

Have a nice day
My Japan Blog Do your own research because this is not advice.