View Single Post
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-13-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Many men did not want women to have the vote. If they just gave it to us, then the suffragettes would not have existed. Feminists are not all women, many men are also feminists too, and were also very supportive of the suffragettes. It was not a case of men vs women, it was a case of them vs authority who believed that women's opinions were less valid and were less intelligent, therefore making their vote innaccurate. This is obviously not the case. After a long struggle, many protests, and hunger strikes, the women finally did get the vote. After a women chucked herself under the kings horse to draw attention to the cause. We did not just get it like that.
Miss Misa, can you explain how women suffered more than men did in preindustrial societies? Remember, feminism is RECENT. History tells us of slave revolts, peasant revolts, revolts of conquered provinces against conquering countries. Female revolts against men? Not a whisper until about 1880.

So what do you make of that?

Are you telling me women are cowards, people of no account, who wanted to rebel but had no courage to do so, and only waited until it was easy? (That's certainly not my view.)

Or should we conclude that women never rebelled because, compared to their men dying on the battlefield every day, they had a good, relatively safe life, and they knew it. (That is my view.)

Take your pick.

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる