View Single Post
(#38 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
But unfortunately, we aren`t the only ones who have this "wrong" idea about what feminism is.

Defending feminism ends up feeling like defending communism. Yes, the ideas at the core are not bad ideas. The people who thought of them and started the movements did wonderful things for their people... But does it work in the real world? No. Is that the fault of the initial leaders? The fault of those who truly believe in the cause and core?
No.
It`s the misinterpretation and exploitation of the system by others. By the majority.

I dislike feminism because the word has come to represent not the core thoughts and ideals, but the general expression of the movement by the majority. And that majority is not going about it in the right way.
Of course those who are at the core, who remain true to the ideals are just fine. But they`re not the majority, and they aren`t what represents feminism in my eyes.

The meaning of words change over time - feminism is shifting from meaning equality to being a shield for misandry.

Where are all the feminists who believe in equality when a man is wronged in favor of a woman? Where are they all when women cheat, lie, and steal from their husbands - then go on to be awarded the house, car, and kids just because, well, they`re the "weak" woman who needs it to live?
The women I have known in my life who have called themselves feminists used it as nothing more than a title to declare that they were "conquering" men. To me, that is what feminism represents - and it is not something I will ever say I support.
Well since you are obviously aware that kind of feminism is not actually the point, nor is it feminism at all, then there is no point in me trying to convince you otherwise. I am one of the people you are describing, who do believe in equality when a man is wronged too. I don't know how many people are like me, and I can't speak for them.