View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-14-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaPapa View Post
I actually just went to Kinokuniya bookstore in New York City, and dropped about $90 on JLPT prep materials. I will be taking the 3-kyuu, so I got these two pretty think books, one with grammar/kanji/kana study materials that come with CDs, and another with tons of listening exercises that also comes with CDs. I also picked up the 2007 JLPT Level 3 & 4 Test Questions and Correct Answers book, that comes with a CD for the listening parts.
Do you know of an online place to get that? I don't have too many choices around here. I've looked, but no stores seem to have specifc JLPT stuff.
Quote:
I have no idea where you'd find them online, but I can tell you the Q&A book was produced by JEES, Japan Educational Exchanges and Services, and the other two were by UNICOM. I really hope to utilize these, and pass with flying colors.
Never mind. ^^;
Quote:
My biggest problem, by far, is kanji. The thing is, I know a lot of kanji for place names and actual names for people, but not so much for actual vocab. I could read the kanji for most of the major cities in Japan, most of the stops on the Yamanote Sen, and so forth, but when it comes to other types of kanji...not so good -_-;.
I'm thinking about whether or not I should take lvl 3 or 4 now. I suck with Kanji too. I took a practice lvl 3 test, and was crappy because I couldn't figure out the sentences since I couldn't figure out the Kanji written. The practice for lvl 4 was somewhat easy, though, in comparison. In a way, it's like I'm in between. I'd like to take all the levels, tbh.
Quote:
SSJup, if you ever find yourself in NYC any time soon, do stop by Kinokuniya :3
I wish I would've known about this earlier, like say, a month ago. My folks went to NY...I could've asked them to pick it up for me. lol I wish I could've gone with them. I haven't visited my family up there for a couple of years.

Sucks we can't all study together. lol

Last edited by SSJup81 : 09-14-2008 at 04:18 AM.