View Single Post
(#108 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

09-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Why is the idea of equality 'extremist'? Are you saying all feminists are extremist? Feminists are not extreme. Radical feminists are extreme [hence the word radical], and radical feminists are a minority of feminists, just as muslim terrorists are the minority of muslims. Judging the whole of feminism on radical or extremist feminism would be the same as judging all muslims based on muslim extremist terrorists. That's what people are trying to say to you.
I know what people are trying to say to me. You would be quite silly to assume that when I say "Feminism is bad" that i'm talking about equal rights and opportunities of women.
It should be quite clear that the type of Feminism I am discussing was to do with what was being discussed in this thread, and not the type you are referring to.
Also to equate Feminism with Islam is a totally irrelevant issue, which is what I said earlier.
Why?
Feminism is not a religion. It is a movement. Anyone who would say that women should stay in the kitchen or shouldn't have rights to vote, would naturally be ridiculed as being an idiot.
Being Muslim does not carry the same "rules". You can ridicule a Muslim and everyone will not suddenly jump to his/her defense. This is simply due to how the West is.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 09-19-2008 at 02:18 PM.