View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
xxJustMexx (Offline)
...Me?...

10-04-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
At you age is hard to know what you really want. I started studying Japanese when I was 12 (more than 20 years ago). I bought some University text books and started alone. Of course for my age was too much alone, but I had learnt alot:writing system, basic conjugations, copula and verbs of existence and some more. Now that I have gone back to Japanese language after 20 years it is not a complete new thing that weighs on my neck...but it is something I am already familiar with.
Don't listen to people who tell you to forget studying online coz between a book and a very well made internet site there is no difference. Without a class you won't get the right fluency or pronunciation, but you can start having the basics of grammar, writing system and build up a good vocabulary.
Then if you think you are really into it you will have time to find a better way to study (hopefully there will be something near you, coz I was not that lucky).
Yeah I don't get many learning tools for gifts such as books and my family don't have a lot of money but when I get money and get to go out I'll see if I can find a book that can teach me a few things and maybe when I get older I can start going to a class.

Hello I'm:
Not Anti-social
I just hate you