View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Yonsu (Offline)
New to JF

Help with ni/de/he and wa/ga? - 10-06-2008, 05:12 AM

I sincerely apologize. I have gone through the forum and other sites as well to see if I can have the particles clarified, but I'm still utterly lost. I understand that ni, de, and he is used to denote locations, but what are the ways in which they are used? And for ni/he, does it matter which one is used in examples like "doshokan ni/he ikimasu"?

Also, taking this sentence as an example:
Tsukue no ue ni neko ga imasu.

Would tsukue be the subject and neko the direct object? Ga is only used for direct objects, is that correct? Thus, would "watashi wa ramen ga tsuki desu" be correct?

And if this is possible, if there are any koreans out in JF, would anyone mind verifying if my 'translation' of Japanese particles in Korean particles is correct?

가 = ga
는 = wa
입니다 = desu
를 = wo
에 = ni
에서/까지 = kara/made
로 = he/de
이(거)/저(거)/저~~(거) = ko(re)/so(re)/a(re)

I realize that I've pretty much barraged you guys with questions, hahha... ^^;;; I apologize, but I'm confounded by all this. I feel like the moment I have the grammar structure down pat, it rears up and knocks me over the head. Y_Y

Japanese is truly a challenge to learn. XD Not only is the kana difficult to memorize at first, but the grammar is backwards of English, and kanji is indomitable. Taihen desu ne!