View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-13-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
1. Cliche? The two are almost total opposites in personality. I'm doing the opposites attract kinda thing...Kinda...

2. Yuri is a common girl's name in Japan, last time I checked. I gave Yuri her name to present irony. Seeing as how Yuri=lilies in translation, and Yuri is so dark....

EDIT: Yuri isn't totally what you think. Sure, she's tomboyish, but she isn't butch. The two are both femmes, it's just that Yuri is kinda the man in this one...
Just because they're opposites doesn't make it not cliche. Long story short, I had a lesbian friend who wrote lesbian stories, and it was always the hippie chicks, the punk chicks and the goth chicks. Always some kind of clique. I'm trying to be constructive, so if you want a good opposites attract story, make it deeper than the clothes they wear!

I know what Yuri means, but it's thin ice naming a lesbian that. It could be interpreted as kind of silly and childish. Like writing a baseball story and naming the main character Homerun McCatchwell

Sorry about the Arab thing, I misread and thought you wanted it to be forbidden. But I think MMM's suggestion would work, kids are all annoying and judgemental in high school

Last edited by Keaton421 : 10-13-2008 at 04:54 AM.