View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

10-30-2008, 12:57 PM

I think that it is entirely dependent on the person. People mature physically and mentally at different ages, and there is no set age a person will be 'ready to have sex.' Personally, I don't believe in putting a generic age tag on it because of the varying degree of human development - some people start puberty at 8 years old, others, as old as 17 or 18. I don't think it's our place to judge when someone is ready mentally and physically to consent to sex. I had sex at a young age because a) I'd been in a relationship with that person for a long time beforehand, and b) I personally believed, and still do believe I was ready and educated enough to make that decision. It's also not about fucking someone at a certain age for the sake of fucking someone, it's about finding the right person first in my opinion.

I don't think responsibility has to come with age. There will be people who will be safe from the first time they have sex, and there will be others who'll just fuck unprotected all the time regardless of age.