View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Yonsu (Offline)
New to JF

11-01-2008, 04:44 AM

Harold: Hi! *waves*

Oh, my mom is worried about motherly things in general. She's not particularly against the program; she's just afraid that horrible things might happen to me. Assault and kidnapping and getting stuffed up the wall, to name a few. O_o (I'm considering Spain as my second choice. Other than the money problem, mom was actually okay with me going to Spain, since she knows it's relatively safe. Thing is, Japan is relatively safe as well, as long as I'm not smack in the middle of Tokyo, and it's a heck of a lot closer to California than Spain. :P ) I'm so appreciative of her concern, but sometimes I wish I could convince her of my maturity. If I can last a month at a summer camp, there should be no reason why I can't last a couple weeks more, albeit it being a completely different country.

My mom was actually the person to bring up the topic of college exchange about a year ago, when I first found out about high school exchanges. =] She thinks I'm not old enough to go in my high school year. Thank you uktokyoite~ I've decided to write an essay and see if that can help convince my mom, even a little. And I'm going to work harder and try to make my own money.

<3

Edit: Harold, thank you for the website! I found it so incredibly valuable. It now has a permanent place in my faves list. ^^