View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
Yes, but XP is still just as good for pretty much everything. I'd like to add that the thing that puts me off Vista so much (apart from the amount of Professional's who dont like it) is that its so damned confusing. I can navigate around XP with ridiculous ease. Vista just annoys me, as its so confusing to play with. And, so far, nothing has been released outside of Windows service packs (?) that requires Vista.

And I'll pass on Windows 7 for the moment. I want to see the production copy first, followed by the responce from the professional community. Then I'll decide whether its worth it.
That's understandable, but not a valid reason for vista to be any "worse", so to say. Everytime there was an upgrade in OS', it took a lot of effort to get used to it. Personally, I think Vista is way under-rated. On the PC I'm on right now, I have Vista, Xp and Mandriva Linux. And to be honest, Vista is my fav because it seems to run much better than all the others, and as it's just a "home pc", it's much nicer to look at. (yes, even nicer than Linux).

For professional use however, I do agree that Vista is just... not needed. This summer, I worked in the IT department for an international company. They were discussing an upgrade from XP to Vista. I had to write a report on pro's and con's. In the end, for the company, I told them it'd be the biggest waste of money ever if they upgraded... However, I doubt many of us are "professionals" so to speak. So, I think for a home user, Vista deserves a bit more applause, lol.