View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

11-12-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
Hey peeps just trying to clear my doubts in preparations for my upcoming trip in december to japan Tokyo,Please answer any of them if u can
1)What kind of Train passes exists in the tokyo metro's line?and which is worth it?
2)Is Osaka/Kyoto worth the time to travel from Tokyo in a 10 day trip?
3)Is Disneyland worth going to?
4)Coming from somewhere with no winter i have absolutely no idea what to expect when i hit there from 20 december onwards.Can anyone please tell me what kind of weather should i expect.And how much clothing is neccesary?
5)where do you think christmas is best spent in tokyo?

Alright peeps please do reccomend/post all the spots/activities u believe to be worth going/doing.It can range from anything from a fancy restaurant to a roadside ramen shop,Locations such akihabara ,shibuya ,ginza Etc

Lastly i know this is a bit odd,But for those of u with any knowledge regarding where i could possibly play a game of football in tokyo will be much appreciated.

Thats all i can think of now,Cheers!=)
1. Depends on what you want. There are ( as the other mentioned ) day passes, weekly and so on. Inquire at the airport on what available train ticket you can avail. There are lots specially for tourist. Check japanguide.com too.

2. Yes. Especially Kyoto.
3. Do you love them parks? Remember that all shows, and announcements are in Japanese
4. Temperature might be below 10C, it probably wont snow yet since its early winter. But if your clothes are not enough
5. Christmas in Japan is basically a "lovers event" . So most restaurants have lots of Christmas special dinner. Light up is also a major event.

What do you like to do? geeky stuff? music stuff ? historical ?

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------