View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
Which Metroid game is your favorite? - 12-09-2008, 02:44 AM

Which Metroid game is, in your opinion, the best out of the series and why?

Here is a list of all of the officially licensed games in the series in order of release date:

Metroid (NES)
Metroid 2 (Gameboy)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

If you don't like Metroid and voted so, please state your reasons for disliking it.

My favorite is Super Metroid. Although I prefer a lot more new games over classics, Super Metroid takes the trophy for being simply epic and fun, even after playing through it multiples times. The anticipation of boss battles when I first played this game used to make me shake slightly (no joke, but then again I wasn't particularly skilled at games at the time and I knew dying was a very likely option). I had the most difficult time with Phantoon, who I'll admit, kicked me ass on plenty of occasions. The music was also a great component of this game, giving it the proper atmosphere in certain environments and upping the ante before and during boss battles. 10/10 in all categories. Oh, and I lawl at those who got "stuck" in the pit in Brinstar and were unable to escape. Here's to you: Bwahahahah, learn to wall jump! ¦3

Close behind Super Metroid would be Corruption. It impressed me on many levels and blew away my expectations, even as high as they were.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子

Last edited by Arikado : 12-10-2008 at 11:42 PM.