JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Which Metroid game is your favorite?
Metroid 3 9.09%
Metroid 2 0 0%
Super Metroid 3 9.09%
Metroid Fusion 1 3.03%
Metroid Prime 3 9.09%
Metroid: Zero Mission 1 3.03%
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 1 3.03%
Metroid Prime: Hunters 1 3.03%
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 2 6.06%
I didn't like any! 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
Which Metroid game is your favorite? - 12-09-2008, 02:44 AM

Which Metroid game is, in your opinion, the best out of the series and why?

Here is a list of all of the officially licensed games in the series in order of release date:

Metroid (NES)
Metroid 2 (Gameboy)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

If you don't like Metroid and voted so, please state your reasons for disliking it.

My favorite is Super Metroid. Although I prefer a lot more new games over classics, Super Metroid takes the trophy for being simply epic and fun, even after playing through it multiples times. The anticipation of boss battles when I first played this game used to make me shake slightly (no joke, but then again I wasn't particularly skilled at games at the time and I knew dying was a very likely option). I had the most difficult time with Phantoon, who I'll admit, kicked me ass on plenty of occasions. The music was also a great component of this game, giving it the proper atmosphere in certain environments and upping the ante before and during boss battles. 10/10 in all categories. Oh, and I lawl at those who got "stuck" in the pit in Brinstar and were unable to escape. Here's to you: Bwahahahah, learn to wall jump! ¦3

Close behind Super Metroid would be Corruption. It impressed me on many levels and blew away my expectations, even as high as they were.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子

Last edited by Arikado : 12-10-2008 at 11:42 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-09-2008, 10:07 PM

I loved the hell out of Metroid Prime. I can't wait to get a Wii so I can play it again Fusion was fun too but a little creepy.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Honestly....I've never heard of this Metroid thing in my whole time of life. I wouldn't know anything about it if a gun was to my head. Otherwise, I could give you a straight answer on your lovely thread that you put your heart and soul into with the hope of its space not being wasted by people like me....
Thus, my wish of doing this is complete. Thank you for understanding my misunderstanding of the subject so dear to you.

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

12-10-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I loved the hell out of Metroid Prime. I can't wait to get a Wii so I can play it again Fusion was fun too but a little creepy.
You'd definitely love Corruption (don't squeeze the case until it breaks ;]). It epitomizes the capabilities and makes practical the functions of the Wii in all aspects. But most importantly, it becomes more fun. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time.

And yeah, Fusion was a bit creepy, and a little "off topic." It didn't seem to fit in very well with the series. It was definitely the most unique out of them, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyuga View Post
Honestly....I've never heard of this Metroid thing in my whole time of life. I wouldn't know anything about it if a gun was to my head. Otherwise, I could give you a straight answer on your lovely thread that you put your heart and soul into with the hope of its space not being wasted by people like me....
Thus, my wish of doing this is complete. Thank you for understanding my misunderstanding of the subject so dear to you.
Then I'd like to thank you for putting the time and effort into that post...but, It's hard to believe you've not even heard the name Metroid o_o But I do, because it's actually more obscure than us fans like to think. If you've ever played Super Smash Brothers Melee or Brawl, the character Samus originates from this series.

Member of the Metal Club

Last edited by Arikado : 12-10-2008 at 12:26 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
You'd definitely love Corruption (don't squeeze the case until it breaks ;]). It epitomizes the capabilities and makes practical the functions of the Wii in all aspects. But most importantly, it becomes more fun. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time.

And yeah, Fusion was a bit creepy, and a little "off topic." It didn't seem to fit in very well with the series. It was definitely the most unique out of them, that's for sure.
I need to get through Echoes first, haha. I kinda get pissed off at games with a light and dark world, really frustrates me.

MAXIMUM VIPER
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

12-10-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I need to get through Echoes first, haha. I kinda get pissed off at games with a light and dark world, really frustrates me.
Echoes didn't impress me. I also agree that light and dark reverse worlds annoy me. Going back and forth between them to activate shit gets repetitive. -.- You should still finish it though. It's not necessary in order to move on to the sequel, but I would never leave any Metroid game uncompleted, if not replayed multiple times ;]

Member of the Metal Club
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2008, 04:01 PM

Don't do shoot'em ups.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Blackhauck (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Blackhauck
12-10-2008, 04:09 PM

I have only plaid Metroid Prime and i love it. (Just it scared the hell out of me)
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

12-10-2008, 11:42 PM

So many people dislike Metroid, it's amazing. I wonder why? Halo fans?
Gahahaha, I love the Metroid vs. Halo bullshit. It's so hilarious watching fans go at each other on that topic. Samus vs. Master Chief is probably the dumbest rivalry ever to exist in the world of gaming. They're nothing alike and they exist in completely different worlds. It should be obvious who wins that fight anyway, there's no contest.

Member of the Metal Club
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2008, 05:17 AM

What is up with this poll? Seriously, so many Metroid haters...

MAXIMUM VIPER