View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

12-12-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoiskinky View Post
Is the fish market really that great of a destination? I am planning my next trip to Japan with some friends who have never been to Japan and this was/is near the top of their list for destinations while we are in Tokyo. I was totally suprised to hear this and even more suprised when i learned it is a common place for tourists to go. Can you even get sashimi ready to consume there?
It is great in the sense that it's by far the largest fish market in the world. You simple won't find as many kinds of fish at any other place. But it's not a market for the end-users like you and me, but for the pros. You WON'T get to eat sashimi inside the market as it's against the law. Only authorized seafood store and restaurant people are allowed to taste anything inside the market. But the good news is that there are many restaurants just outside the market where you can have excellent sushi, sashimi and other things. Many of those eateries are great because the majority of their customers are pros themselves.