View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Matsu, there is no false hope here. Everyone has a chance to follow their dreams, don't try to crush them. My parents moved from Taiwan when I was two. I've moved so many times in my life, and I know the hardships and hard work that are involved to achieve a brighter future, don't think I don't understand what's involved. Hell, I've traveled coast to coast by car across the entire United States with my family so that we could live a better life. The point is, if you lose hope now, then you'll never have a chance to succeed and follow your dreams, so I say give him a chance.
Ok. Your capabilities aren't in question his are. Now later on down the road if this kid gets his head in the game, stops dreaming and make some realistic goals, then I would be happy to have been proven wrong. But until then like anyone else who is a realist I doubt that it's something he'll see through to the end. Consider the other negativity in his life at some point that will set in. The odds are stacked against him. Sorry but that's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why such a dream killer, MutsuYakumo? I mean, you have three posts, all really negative. Not a great way to start here.
Dude am I lying? Both threads that I read, and posted on were essentially the same thing, which have been posted before. I mean this is literally my first time sitting down and looking at the threads on this forum, some of the people seem cool, but the people who thinks that there is a quick answer to "moving to Japan" frustrates me to the point where they should hear the absolute truth. They have no interest in my culture, they have no interest in working for the opportunity to visit my country. They want to push "the easy button." I'm sure there are plenty of people here who worked hard, stuidied the language and customs, and I respect that. Hell my friend Al is the most spoiled guy I know and he worked his ass off for the opportunity to stay in Japan, because it's a privilege to visit Japan not a right. I love my country, and I think they should put real effort into visiting it.