View Single Post
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Quite the cynical fellow aren't you? I guess you have your reasons.

People DO move to Hawaii because it has nice scenery, why can't you get that into your head? If not they would go move somewhere else quiet that isn't a popular tourist spot. People see Hawaii as one big resort, as ignorant as that sounds. It's a life-long vacation to them, it's obviously beautiful, and that's why they move there. It is also ignorant to say that nobody does this.

His family is NOT correct if the only thing they say to him is an insult. I'd like to hear more of their argument for wanting to keep him back besides being blissfully ignorant of the possibilities of the future. What's keeping him out of Japan? Is Japan going to create a blockade with the message, "Keep this guy out of our country at all costs." If he can find a place to live, and he has an income, by god he "belongs" there.

Nice, it's all about "boning" the chicks. I see where you're going with that, and I prefer not to follow that road, thanks. The "right" person is always the most beautiful to you, obviously. If he/she is not, then you've got the wrong one, buddy ;]

Less worthy of response, huh? I guess I'm not good enough for your high standards D: My foundation is concrete. Would you like my thesis to be repeated? I'm talking about you crushing someone's dream without an after-thought. You're right though, nerds should stand up for nerds because we're all HUMAN. Even fools deserve a chance. Fool or not, this guy belongs in the club. Don't treat him like he's inferior or an outsider.

Edit: Lawl at that ignorant post above me.

You just don't get it. It's not about crushing someones dream. It's about reality, he has an unhealthy obsession with something that he knows very little about. Someday this kid will look back on this day and thank me. You fail to see the bigger picture, therefore this argument is becoming increasingly futile. Plain and simple, If you want to go to Japan you better have a damn good reason, and know that there is no shortcut, there are people who bust their asses to honor Japanese culture, and this kid is just lusting after it like some kind of perv. You'd understand if it were your culture, but it's not so you don't.