View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-23-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
I disagree. But I won't turn this into an argument about what art is.

My view of this, is... neutral.

Although, I can understand that you feel a "Click" to Japan, I disagree that it happens from a young age. To say so, is where "obsession" comes in, and you need to calm down. The same with reincarnation.

I too had this "Click", but it's different. At first, it was when I was around 7, and I first Japan, I said "I want to live there", and I always thought it was a "click". But it wasn't, it was just a fascination with the country. As I grew, I started getting into the countries history, and culture. In fact, I didn't watch anime until I was around 16. The main reason I feel I "Click" with a country, is because the culture is quite like my own, Turkish culture. There are differences, ofcourse, like relgion, but the morals and those stuff are very like the Turkish Culture. Which is where I get my "Click" from.

In actual fact, this 'click' thing is a bunch of bollocks. The clicks started happening when people with similarities to a country, started getting interested in the country.

There's a difference. There are people who have a similarity in some sort of way with the said country. Then you have the people who are simply obsessed with it and make up excuses to assure themselves.

Personally, if you don't care about the culture, history, language, or way of life, social standings and politics of said country, it's an insult ot say you have a "click" to a country.
You were probably replying when I moved these posts, so feel free to paste this into the old thread, sorry about that.