View Single Post
(#105 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAtHeart View Post
It's true the word 'Visual' is pretty much the case, but at the same time it's almost another thing entirely at some level to us fangirls. Visual is just that, it's just a style. But, be as strange as J-rockers may be, there needs to be talent behind those costumes otherwise they wouldn't even matter. It enhances and adds to their style of music, I guess. If they're cute/hot/beautiful, which is usually the case, that great, but the music plays a bigger part in our interest in them than most onlookers might think.
I think we are talking about two different things, that have gotten mixed up in responding to different comments.

In my opinion, visual-kei is about two things. Music and style. Both need to be there for success to happen. It's not unlike the hair-metal bands of the 80s. We can look back and laugh at the style 20 years later, but they were (and mostly still are) very talented musicians...they just added make-up and costumes to enhance their persona...not unlike many Western musicians today.

In then end, it's about the music, and with that I agree 100% AsianAtHeart.

Reading through this thread, maybe I was confused from the start. The point, I thought, was to post what artists you found unattractive...but so many of the posts are of either 1) obviously attractive people or 2) guys with so much make-up on I cannot tell if they are attractive or not.

I threw up some pics of some ugly but popular musicians, but I guess that isn't what this thread is about...and now I feel like I am stepping into fangirl territory and should retreat posthaste.