View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-20-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Maybe being optimistic about the next 4 years made her tear up, i dunno different things spark different emotions for people. My grandmother cried but i expected that after all that she has seen over the past 70 years in this country and all that she went through i would expect nothing less. I think Obama's rise to President is seen differently from the younger to older generations. I dont look at it really as him being black as much as say my grandmother.

Sometimes i feel my generation are a bunch pansies. Compared to what our predecessors went through we have it easy and only whine about the most innate things.

Oh well i will say this it was FREAKIN cold im so not getting out of DC tonight lol
See, I absolutely understand why your grandmother would cry. I can somewhat understand why Koakus step mother would cry, even though I don't think shes African-American.
I don't understand why someone who hasn't seen that stuff, would cry though.. but its not a big deal lol.
As for what you said about your generation, I absolutely agree. Maybe there was more unity back in those days though, a kind of "lets get around the fireplace and sing" thing. I don't see that now and I don't think voting in Obama will change that.
Oh well i'm not gonna bitch.. i'll just try to be optimistic about the whole thing.

ps. Great job on the front line reporting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Lol, my mum cries at Eastenders. I don't think she can help it xD I just think it's the strength of empathy etc that'd make you like that.
I dunno i'm pretty empathic but I get what you mean. I'm a guy and am not supposed to show emotion much afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
U know they both grew up with racism or segregation (my step mother is white)So I can understand the fact that they are so touched by that..Personaly I grew up with black,white,asian,etc..so it seems more "normal" for me..
Ok that makes sense to me then. *nods*

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 01-20-2009 at 08:19 PM.