View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

02-01-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoTEA View Post
Oh god. That's disgusting!!! And impossible!

I hate the terms they use, too. I mean, maybe they call it something different in Japan, or the translators are messing it up..
But instead of "kick" or "topspin" they'll say "snake spin!", "super bounce!"
IT'S CRAZY.

I couldn't get past chapter five in the manga.
The kick and twist serve are the same thing, but the twist is not as often said.

There's no super bounce.

It's not the snake spin, it's simply called the snake (later called the Boomerang Snake, but that's another story). It is explained in the book it's actually called the buggy whip shot and they note that the name is changed because of Kaidoh with his Viper-ness.

Inui most often explains the actual tennis shot, but the story over exaggerates for entertainment means.

A lot of shots are nearly impossible... But you can't resist to smile at Fuji or Atobe or Lucky Sen Goku...♥

THE WEBSITE OF FUNNY-AWESOMNESS. LAUGH AT ALL OF YOUR PoT NEEDS:
:: Crack PoT::

(I've read up to book 29 so far... I don't feel like reading online since it's just not fun reading online.)

Though I may sound defensive about PoT, it's really fun to make fun of and to read. I've spent many hours of laughing at the shitty English dubs and sparkles of witchcraft that is diffused from their rackets.

My best friend and I each have jackets and hats. She has Seigaku and I have Hyotei. Our favorite characters play on each team and we do funny stuff when we verse each other in tennis and put on the outfits. QUITE entertaining.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780