View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-08-2009, 10:33 AM

I really like this series so far. It's fun to watch, yet, nice and dark. Not often one can come across a dark comedy. My favorite character, ironically, a misc character, is Finny. I find him interesting for the most part, especially after the episode when you find out that he was experimented on. Grell is another character I find absolutely hilarious, with his attempts to try and get a hug or a kiss out of Sebas-chan. =P lol

I really wish I could just read its manga, though. I'd love more information on Ciel's past. Seems he was tortured after the mansion burned down. I'm also extremely curious about Angela. I'm also curious if, and when, Ciel will learn that he can't always be so reliant on Sebastian, especially since, in some episodes, Sebastian seems to come across as annoyed with Ciel or either bothered by him (or the situation he's in, I guess). Even though it'd be out of character for Sebastian, I sometimes wonder if he'll end up betraying Ciel. I'm also curious as to how Finny, Bard, and Meilin came to serve him, and since he doesn't think too highly of them either, why he keeps them around (although, Ciel is just nicer than he lets on, imo).

Oh, I do have a slight problem with Sebastian's character, and it's the fact that he thinks of the others as problems or either annoying, but I guess it's because he lacks the ability to empathize or sympathize with others. For instance, Meilin (sp?) obvious likes him. She's clumsy and such when around him, but he attributes her actions as her just being inept or dumb. He's like that with all of them, rather, and it bugs me that he is like that. The episodes with Agni were nice. The guy who was like the servant to that Indian prince. He got all three (Finny, Bard, Meilin) to help him prepare the meal. Sebastian always think so lowly of them, he never gives them the chance to do much of anything. He should teach Bard how to prepare meals properly and not to always be quick to use a flame-thrower. He should teach Finny the proper way to take care of the garden so that he doesn't constantly kill things. He needs to inform Meilin that she needs to do something about her glasses, and to just take her time so as not to drop things. In other words, did Sebastian actually learn something from Agni?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I watched the first few episodes when they aired, but...
In my opinion it needs to decide whether it`s aiming for humor or seriousness - because it`s not doing all that great a job of mixing the two. It`s like a 4-coma gag artist decided they were going to make something serious, but can`t figure out how to break old habits. If it stuck to one direction, then I`d probably really like it... But it doesn`t. It flip flops, and the transition isn`t that great. Neuro managed to pull it off really well, so it is possible with a lot more grace.
Late, but I just started watching this series recently, and I actually like it for t he reasons you mentioned. I like the humor/seriousness aspect to it. The rest of the help is the comedy relief while Sebastian and Ciel are the serious ones who can't put up with the comedy relief due to the fact that both are just too serious and, imo, truly lack a sense of humor. No surprise that Ciel lacks one, given what he's been through.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 02-08-2009 at 10:58 AM.