View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Well, MTV surely brings a lot of crap but I can't generalize on every band, because last year there was Coldplay and they are a really good band, and their music is what they claim it is... alternative.

What I hate is Tokio Hotel music, claiming to be punk rock. They're not even 1% punk rock. That's mainstream garbage lies.

Hell even my fav band, Green Day admitted they went pop rock, but they have 6 previous punk albums. Recently they said they will release a power pop-like album this year, they did not claim to be still punk.
MTV these days practically doesn't show any videos compared these days. In 2000 music videos featured up to eight hours per day, while now, only three hours a day, and they show only the mainstream crap while leaving other less popular bands behind (and the classics in that matter) thus not letting the people to widen their understanding and taste in music. That's why kids these days don't know what real rock, punk, or metal is,
MTV should be stripped of it's name, because it's not a music television anymore.

In case you don't know Coldplay formed in 1998, so they don't fit in my category, and yes they are a good band, although I didn't much like their last album, in my opinion it missed something.