View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-13-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
To me that logic seems backwards. If we imagine the front page posts are the most "alive" and the back page posts are the most "dead", when someone necroposts they revive a dead thread, but it also means the active threads get pushed down.
Aren't you exaggerating a little bit?
After reading this I understand you think that most of the members on JF read threads only the first page and don't even bother to look at the second one. Well let me tell you that you're wrong here, and people who go several pages back to revive the old threads prove that.

Quote:
One newer user recently (who I PMed about it) posted a half dozen "OMG" posts on threads well buried in the back in as many minutes. So six active threads were knocked off the front page.
So? The whole J-music forum is filled with "OMG" and other pointless posts, but I don't see the mods of that section complain about that.

Just because one member revived six old threads pushing the active ones out, doesn't mean the same thing is gonna happen everyday. There's is always a member now and then who makes several pointless threads or posts in less then half hour.

Quote:
Another user started answering "Be my friends ads", which is fine, but to some users who had only posted once months, and in a couple cases over a year ago. Sorry, but she's not going to be your friend, and you end up looking silly.
Don't think you're the only one who noticed that. The only thing I can suggjest is - once a year delete all the old threads in the "Be my friends ads" leaving only the last four pages. That way less people make fools out of themselves.