Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
04-18-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
True that!

It definitely is not for everyone.

As I'm sure you've heard before, (talking to OP) I highly recommend taking a short vacation to Japan, just to make sure it's where you really wanna be. Then, if it is, try your options and make the move if possible.

And good luck
Yeah. I hope the OP isn't the kind of person that would expect after awhile to have the language barrier problem being fixed for her convienence...(hard to explain what I mean.)

As for this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisaChi
Really? I suppose that would depend on how good looking/rich you are versus how smart you are. I dunno, the idea of marrying someone just to come to their country is odd to me - don't you want to marry for love? I think committing to a loveless marriage of convenience would be harder than doing a degree! At least that's only 3-6 years of commitment and some student expenses which also sets you up for a career, versus a lifetime of commitment and the costs of wooing, wedding and supporting a wife. Not saying it's impossible for someone to fall in love with a Japanese person and move over there with them, but aiming for it specifically just doesn't seem right to me =S

Oh my god, you wouldn't believe how many people, both American AND foreigners, that I have met, thought it would be that easy just to marry and get into the country.
I don't think its right at ALL.
Even if you don't believe in marrying for love...maybe just for security, or other reasons that may also seem selfish...Just for the country's citizenship is something I would not feel comfortable with.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.