View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-18-2009, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Aside from the moral and emotional discussion, I'm referring to money. But I understand exactly what you're saying.

I do not think marrying someone cost nearly as much as going to college. I can drive to Las Vegas and it would cost more money than it would to actually get married there.
Do you really think a Japanese chick (or any girl for that matter) would be impressed by no money and quickie wedding in Vegas? I'm sure not all of them have extremely high standards, but if it was me I'm not sure if I'd want to marry someone who doesn't love me, is only using me to get into my country, has no university degree, doesn't want to spring for a proper wedding, doesn't have much money, doesn't have enough language fluency to get a decent job and is restricted in what work they can do by a spousal visa. Moral issues aside, it just doesn't seem practical for the woman involved - unless you're extremely rich and powerful.

EDIT: My point is - the wedding is the easy part, it's convincing someone to marry you that's hard!

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts

Last edited by ChisaChi : 04-18-2009 at 01:51 AM.