View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-19-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
The main problem I can see with the essay is it talks quite a lot about "ACM" but doesn't really explain what it is. As a result, it assumes that the reader knows all about it from the start, which may not always be the case.
Okay. I'm sorry.
I added a sentence to explain what the ACM is using my own words. Please let me know if this explanation is not enough. Thank you

Professional Code of Conduct

ACM is the organization going to improve programming of computers globally. I feel that the ACM code represents a reasonable set of professional standards for computer professionals because it is the organization which people of various fields cooperate on a worldwide scale. Also, it is because the ethics of the people who organize the code are making efforts to create useful computers for our welfare.

I believe that it is reasonable because the people who are interested in computer programming all over the world have a chance to get together and compete themselves. However, humans commit mistakes, so if the side where people's wisdom is managed and studied has to be steady, they will go to the wrong way. I think that it is necessary to subdivide the various solutions which ACM holds up, or it is necessary to take the ethics of the people who participate in ACM to the highest quality. In other words, general education is very important. I think it is tied with the development of a computer to improve the usual educational quality. Also, I think it is leading to the development of ACM.