View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Gerlandox (Offline)
Chaotic Energy

Send a message via MSN to Gerlandox
06-01-2009, 04:40 AM

Dude may i give you some tips on correct drawing since i see u really like to draw, but have some little problems with it.
Dont call me harsh kid, since i mean no harm

U must understand that every of your characters you draw has a Center Of Gravity. Unless u get it right, your body drawings will never look real

1st. Try unlock your wrist (that means to have your hand in full control )
-u can do that by drawing single line drawings (humans) in a not more than 2 minutes, as many as you can, as good as you can, Dont bother if they dont look good, throw them away.

2nd. Try to understand your subject (what it is and then draw it, u havent got still the skill to release yourself on a canvas,paper whatever)
-I remember we used to visit A morgue Back in Art Academy, learning so Human Anatomy and Drawing Muscles of dead people (bizarre, I know)
But with Anatomical Knowledge about the human body You can overcome your "Center Of Gravity Problem"
So trying to Draw some Skeletons is a very good idea 4 you.

3rd. Try to get a Technique (smudging wont take you far, and you rather destroy your drawing than draw on it)
-U can do that by looking on old masters pieces, drawings. I recommend Leonardos Technique of Crossed Lines. Once you have unlocked your wrist u can do some powerfully drawings with it. I use it myself very often.

4th. Very important, Never be afraid you will destroy your work, even if that means really destroying it.
-If you do care more about your drawing, than yourself that will become a blocker and you cant advance in skill. By destroying it you`ll have to start again,try new things etc,.

5th.Also very important. Know When to STOP.
-You must create a feeling When you are really happy with the drawing and STOP. Some Professionals i know never became Masters only because they had stockpiles of unfinished paintings but few finished. But Tip 5 is 4 you after you get to some level.

Ok ill stop now. Hope you can read this long post
and progress in your drawing skills as i progressed when my ArtMaster told me that.
Until than good luck
G.

I AM NOT WHAT YOU THINK I AM, I AM NOT WHAT I THINK I AM, I AM WHAT I THINK YOU THINK I AM...