View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-02-2009, 10:49 AM

Once again, I recommend the Intercontinental Hotel at Tokyo bay.

I always recommend this hotel for these reasons: First, it is a modern and clean hotel, with great rooms. Second, it is located next to Tokyo Bay, and you can get rooms which overlook either the bay or the city. Third, it is not located in the heart of the metro area (with all the crowds, noise, and smells).

The Intercontinental is located just outside the noisier part of the city, next to Takeshiba station on the Yurikamome line. From Takeshiba station, you can get to Odaiba (very scenic, with a beach and some of the best views in the city), or you can go take the Yurikamome line to Shimbashi station, where you can transfer to the Yamanote line, which will take you to pretty much every other part of Tokyo worth seeing.

There is also a water taxi (tour boat) stop near the hotel, so you can the boat to Asakusa, or even Kasai Rinkai park (near the Disney resorts).

Ginza, Tsukiji, and Hamarikyu gardens are all within walking distance of the Intercontinental.

The last time I stayed at the Intercontinental, I got a deluxe, bay view room (even the bathtub had a window) for just under $300 a night.