Thread: E3 2009
View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-02-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Firstly, with the Xbox, I knew they wouldn't be able to stop the Halo franchise! I kinda saw that coming.
They never announced it would stop. They only announced the trilogy ends with Halo 3. Halo 3 OSDT is an expansion on its own, part of the trilogy.

Quote:
About the whole EyeToyNintendoWii rip-off, it's too early to tell what the hell that's going to pan out like. It might be crap, it might be amazing, who knows. I just feel like Xbox needs to get some more originality though instead of ripping off other peoples ideas and mixing it up - similar to what people were saying with 'avatars' being strikingly similar to 'Miis.'
How exactly is that a ripoff? EyeToy is 2D and it only uses 1 camera, while Project Natal recognizes 3D movements, facial recogntition, voice recognition. The only similarity they have is the camera. Would you call the first X-Box a ripoff from PS2 because it played same games and had a DVD. No, so why this?

A ripoff is an inferior product. And Nintendo Wii? What's the similarity with it?

Quote:
Oh yeah, and with voice recognition, you just KNOW how annoying that s*** is. It finds it hard to differentiate between languages, accents, if there is background noise, if you talk fast, slow etc. I can see that being a bit of a farce.
With todays technology, voice recognition is not that accurate but tech develops fast and we might see it somewhat with decent accuracy sometimes in the future.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?