View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
They never announced it would stop. They only announced the trilogy ends with Halo 3. Halo 3 OSDT is an expansion on its own, part of the trilogy.
I think if it's a trilogy, it's a triology, TRI, 3 GAMES, anything more than it and it's NOT a trilogy, IMO.

Quote:
How exactly is that a ripoff? EyeToy is 2D and it only uses 1 camera, while Project Natal recognizes 3D movements, facial recogntition, voice recognition. The only similarity they have is the camera. Would you call the first X-Box a ripoff from PS2 because it played same games and had a DVD. No, so why this?

A ripoff is an inferior product. And Nintendo Wii? What's the similarity with it?
In the conference they say, 'this isnt the kind of game where you sit on the sofa using preset waggle commands' -dig at Nintedo wii, insinuating that they have taken that concept and expanded on it. Eye Toy requires no controller, has a camera, and you can do things on screen. Nintendo DS has voice recognition. The only thing that is different is 3D space and face recognition, and face recognition isn't new technology. If I remember correctly Eye Toy had an inferior version which recognised your face so you could put it on a character.

Just because it's not exactly the same doesn't mean it's not cashing in on Nintendo's idea of virtual reality and movement. If you look at the demo can't you see how strikingly similar it is to a Nintendo Wii advert? When the family are driving a car, it's the same as the Nintendo Wii advert without the Wii wheel.

That's not to say I'm not excited about it, it does look fantastic if it works, but my point is it's obviously not totally out-of-the-blue original.

Quote:
With todays technology, voice recognition is not that accurate but tech develops fast and we might see it somewhat with decent accuracy sometimes in the future.
If it can recognise my accent I'll give it some credit.